A Night in Paris

A Night in Paris


I'll confess right here and now. I have a love and slight obsession with travel. The open road, sky, railway and water are always on my mind. Three years ago I returned from Morocco Yes, you read that correctly. This 5'0 pint-sized beauty blogger once lived on the continent of Africa. For me that was a big deal. And so much fashion, inspiration and love for culture came from living there. Because the area I lived in was so close to Europe, the fashions were very eclectic but complimenting.

Women in Morocco love color and adorn themselves accordingly. Some how they have mastered sex appeal and modesty and made it acceptable. One aspect of Morocco that I appreciated was the glamour. Dark sultry eyes, a dark pouty lip, and excessive amounts of jewelry. Generally you only saw these looks while attending weddings. I loved every minute of it.

The foot wear usually put me in the mind of Spain. There is a specific look that I'm unable to describe but I know an European made shoe when I see it. The shoe in the above mock up definitely makes me think of Morocco and Spain. Because most places outside of the US have walkable cities, there general fashion is designed for such. This heel makes it easy to strut around town without feeling like your ankle would dislocate from your entire body. Clothing that is fabulous and functional will always get my vote.

Yes, I have a love for international fashion and I'm not afraid to write about it. I'm often inspired by culture and what better way to show appreciation than to fully embrace it. Sometimes my eye for fashion can be a little off center from what my peers may deem beautiful. I hope this shines a little insight on the way my "eye" works.


Style Notes

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: