Round Hips and Tummy



The month of April was one for the books. After a crazy and tumultuous March, April turned out to be a breath of fresh air I learned a lot about myself and how far I can push as well as be pushed.  So here's my push for who ever may need it.

How April showed up for me.


In April I learned to be unapologetic while being myself and the happiness just wont stop. I let go of an old story; one that I kept reliving or revisiting and since I've been watching a dream of mine open up and flourish before my eyes. Last month taught me that it was OK to look back but I didn't have to live there. Often we get used to telling the same story and completely forget that yesterday is over and today is a brand new day.


Lately...

I've been asked about what one shouldn't wear with a certain body shape. I'm going to be very honest. You can wear anything with ANY body shape. However the cut, color, and fit have a lot to do with it. I often hear women who aren't shaped like traditional plus models complain about not being able to wear certain items. Let me say YOU CAN! You must release the image of what we (those mushing media images) tell you what you must look like. Many of the famous plus size models are not shaped like me. I have a small chest (Thank God for push -up bras), narrow shoulders, a round tummy, wide hips and back side with skinny ankles. I'm definitely not the typical image you see on ads, popular Instagram accounts or even the most talked about Facebook personalities. However, If I allowed those images to completely influence my wardrobe I'd never have the gall to assist as many women as I do. Stop living in your same fashion story, embrace change. Open a new book and turn the page to a new chapter.

All you need is a good sense of what shapes, cuts, and colors look good and a great eye for spotting investment pieces. That means BIG women you can wear lingerie, bikinis, jumpers, rompers, leggings, midi skirts and whatever other current trends you'd like to try. Step outside your box and try something new. If you need a little help shopping or encouragement I'm always here. Feel free to email me at Breiansb@gmail.com or connect with me on Facebook and IG @kurvybrei and @kurvyetiquette on Twitter


This past Sunday was absolutely beautiful and I felt just as good as the sun felt on my skin. Between teaching, designing, tutoring, writing and styling I have not had the time to actually play dress up and hit the streets of Atlanta. Sunday I had a few moments to myself so I decided to slip on a skirt and comfy sandals, and spend a day enjoying a little retail therapy and ice cream.






Top: Macy's
Skirt: Cato's
Shoes: Kenneth Cole


Last month I was a wreck and pretty darn nervous about introducing my company and showing the world what I can do. Through faith and faith alone I threw caution to the wind and let the cat out of the bag. Yes, I'm a blogger, a personal stylist but I'm also a budding designer. Click here to see and Click here for other design post. How will you show up in May?
.


 

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: