Bikinis and Beaches




This past weekend I was headed to Florida on  much needed teacher turn up. Needing a little sun and fun in my life I figured why not step outside my style box as well.

Everyday I’m practicing to get better as a designer and seamstress. Most days after teaching, I’m up until the wee hours of the night (morning) sketching and sewing my life away. So when I decided to travel to West Palm Beach for the Memorial weekend, I knew I wanted to wear something from KE studios (my sun room lol). Because it’s the end of the school year (I’m an English teacher by day), I’ve been a bit busy and knew I’d be too busy to create a completely new ensemble. One thing for sure I wanted to be as frugal as possible but without forgetting to remain sexy and cute.
 
The original bikini top.
 

 
 After

 

Creating this cute fringe bikini was super simple. he preparation time took 15 minutes and sewing was less than 5 minutes. It's a great way to jazz up an old bathing suit.

 
Electric Green Swim Skirt



The electric swim skirt was uber fun and a quick add on. I added elastic to the spandex bottom to stop any roll-up while in the water. Sewing this skirt only took 30 minutes to complete.







Outfit Notes: Bikini: Forever 21 XL, Bottom: Torrid size 2, Blue Palazzo Pants: Viv and Ava size 2X, Electric Green Skirt: 2X measurements (original piece).
 

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: