Designed By Brei | Working On My First Collection




I'm so excited to share something that I've been dreaming about and now it's coming to fruition. This year I intend to release my own line of clothing. EEEEKKKK!!!!! This is so exciting for me Since my college years at Tuskegee University I've discussed how I want to develop my own line of clothing. Well it's happening.


For the longest I've mulled over whether or not to take sewing classes. After deciding that it as I must I begn scouring the internet looking for classes. I couldn't find a single class hat would teach me the basics. But because I believe in the super natural I know that God and the niverse made a wa because I'd finally taken the lea and said yes. A long time mentor of mine Mrs. DeAnna Drain posted on Facebook that her mother would be giving sewing classes at the local community service. I paid to the course that night. I didn't want to wait another minute.

After 8 weeks of learning I was ready to create on my own. But there was one problem. I didn't have my own personal machine. Again, I put my desires out for the world to se and just that quick I was paying for the shipping only for a gently used sewing machine from a dear friend. She will never understand how grateful I am to her for sewing in my dreams.

As of August or September of 2014 I've been practicing the art of sketching. I decided that If I was going to do this then I wanted to be all in. Today some of those sketches have become actual pieces that I've created. It's amazing to hold something that you dreamt, sketched or talked about for the past few years.

The sketch above is not a final product but it is a snap shot of my progress. I haven't been working at this for as long as some of the pros so I know I have to prove that I can maintain my own lane in this industry. At the moment I'm still understanding the direction in which  my new collection is going but I believe that I've finally come up with the winning combination. I'll be sure to keep you all current.





For anyone doubting their talents, gifts, purpose or dreams please take these final words. According to society and the way it's constructed, I should be successful in anything that I'm doing. But I don't believe that. I never have and neither should you.

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: