The Beauty in Shifting Your Perspective




Ensemble from Target

Before last Wednesday it had been 3 years since I'd taken a flight anywhere. Before teaching in the US, I taught English abroad in several different countries. I'd live in a country for a few years then move to the next. During that time I traveled extensively. I've been to Korea, Mexico, The Philippines, Belgium and a host of other countries. Nowadays, my traveling has slowed down but I looking forward a change in pace within the next couple of months.


A few weeks ago I was in an accident and walking away with my life definitely changed my view on living. I have made the decision to shift my perspective about my lack of travel, business and living in general. Even though I am actively pursuing other goals, I found myself comparing my reality with past achievements. Not realizing that if I spent less time harping on trivial details and focused more on the here and now, my life would significantly improve. So today I'm focused on shifting my focus and changing my perspective. Each month I intend to travel to a different state or city and live life like as a tourist.

Top: Torrid Bottoms: Target Bag: Marshalls


So far I'm having the most fun I've had since moving states side. It only took shifting my perspective to see that good things and experiences have always been available. Today, I'm the owner of an online boutique that is set to open in late summer. I'm in the process of pinning my first book and working on a few other projects. I hope this inspires someone to pay attention to where your life is now and make the most out of this moment. Perspective is everything and your tomorrow depends on how you spend time right now.  

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: