What's Next for Kurvy Etiquette?


Breian 'Kurvy Brei' Brockington


For the past two years I've spent my time blogging about beauty, fashion and self love. I've spent several afternoons dreaming about becoming a designer. This isn't anything new. I've had this same dream since college. At the time it was just something that kept my best friend Katie and I creatively sound. While in college and much of my adult life I've been the go to kitchen stylist. Even when I wasn't prompted I still chimed in with my own styling tips. Today I am overjoyed, overwhelmed, over worked but elated to announce that sample pieces for my first collection are in the works. 3 pieces of petit collection noir have been completed. My emotions are somewhat all over the place and I'm not quite sure how to feel about it all. It is pretty amazing watching a dream unfold before your eyes. A bit scary at times. But it's nothing I can't handle.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Breian S. Brockington born and raised in the south. I have always been the creative type. Journals and sketch pads from my childhood often remind me that my destiny has always been inside of me. What an honor it is to see and feel Gods light and hand upon my life. So today, it is a living dream to live out the process of being a fashion designer. Countless hours have been spent walking the platforms of Atlanta's Lenox mall, envisioning my collection hanging in Nordstrom or Macy's. Caressing swatch after swatch until the perfect cut of fabric 'spoke' to me. This moment right now has been a long road. The most grueling part has been learning to get out of my own way. So many doors have opened since I made to decision to step out of the proverbial box and go for IT.


Early work from 2015


Petit Collection Noir is a trendy adaptation of the little black dress. Today's plus size beauty is in command of her Kurves. No longer does she hide behind the color black. Now, the color black is an addition to each sultry curve she wishes to display. This collection comprises of only six pieces that are key to any woman's wardrobe. Think of it as a modern capsule collection for on trend millennial women. In 2015 shapely women have embraced their sex appeal but also understand that sexy can be delivered in various forms. PCN features very shapely lines as well as flare and clean straight lines. Transitioning from office to place will be easy and effortless.

I am beyond ecstatic to present Petit Collection Noir to the world.

 

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: