Kurvy Etiquette At Diner en Blanc







There's been plenty of talk on my end about What's Next for Kurvy Etiquette. I've been blogging about starting a clothing line for thee past 10+ year with one of my very best friends Katie-Marie Lewis-Fox. I must admit that for some time that's all it was. Simply something to keep our creative juices flowing. But in the back of my mind I always truly desired to become a designer. In 2014 I decided to get serious and apply to a prestigious school of art and design. I wasn't accepted. We'll talk about why at a later date. Still I insisted on learning the art of design. After several trips to Barnes and Noble I felt my design arsenal was fully loaded and ready for lift off. I decided to teach myself. I studied sketching and drafting techniques as well as took free Coursera classes on line for design and fashion marketing. Not being accepted was not allowed to be my excuse.

A year later and I have a work studio (my sun room but it does the trick). MY designs are actually hanging in my home. I've already had a few request to for custom made pieces. Recently, a friend visited my home and I revealed to her some of my work (No one has seen what I'm working on). Completely apprehensive about showing the world what I'm working on, I tried it on. Her expression spoke volumes. Not only did she like it but she was ready to put her order in.

Last night Diner en Blanc came to Atlanta. Not only did I attend but I was also one of the many fantastic volunteers involved in the event. It was there that I decided to wear a piece from my Fall 2015 collection. It received great reviews from men and women. The collection is classic with a few simple trendy pieces. Of course Diner en Blanc is an all white event so of course I adapted the design to fit the evening. What isn't shown is the pearl draped detailing in the back over a deep revealing v cut.
 

Not only did I get to wear one of my own designs but I of course enjoyed myself with my now world famous travel group Nomadness Travel Tribe, which is led by none other than  +Evita Robinson. I love the tribe and the additional support I receive from them.



So today I'm grateful for God's guidance. I ever so thankful for those who have encouraged me near and far. I'm even more grateful for those who were and still are skeptical. Everyone starts somewhere and I am glad I decided to start in 2012 and began walking into my destiny last year.   

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: