Be Mindful of Your Presentation

It was never my intention to be a plus size advocate. Yes, I believe women who have a little more "love" are beautiful. And no, there is nothing wrong with women who don't possess as much "love"  as others. My belief is this; there is beauty in all of us, be it physical or spiritual. However, some of us like to enhance our attributes and that isn't always a small feat. Enhancements can become quite a tedious and an arduous task. Now it is not my opinion that you walk out the door daily with a full face of contoured makeup. Although it is my opinion, that you should look your best at all times. Today there are thousands of companies that spend countless hours in think-tanks conspiring on ways to make women feel more beautiful. Do they sometimes play on our insecurities? Absolutely, but that's another post for another day. Hair care, apparel, footwear and esthetics are all apart of keeping up your overall appearance.

Ladies, I can't stress how important it is to take care of yourselves. It is of the utmost importance that we keep ourselves groomed and well-kept. In a world where we are judged on how we present ourselves your up keep its essential to your success, finding a mate, and as a representation of how you see yourself. Please don't mistake this a call for you to act and dress like a lady. By no means am I her. In my book if you have a vagina then you're a lady. But let's keep ourselves presentable. Too often I walk into the mall or my local supermarket and see beautiful women decked out in too tight jeans, dirty doo-rags, holey shirts or dirty flip flops. Let's have more respect for ourselves. It only takes five minutes to pull together a simple frill-less ensemble. There is no need for my eyes to be assaulted with your crack speaking through the top of your too small sweat pants.

Yes, everyone has experienced a f*@k my life moment when it comes to getting dressed. As +DrakeVEVO would say "I get it, I get it". However, this is not an excuse to look the way you feel. Sometimes you have to fake it to make it. I'm sure you've heard that before. No one is saying you need to walk out of the house looking like a glamazon but there are ways to still look presentable.
Unlike me many women are die hard sweats and t shirt wearers. During my early college days this was also true for me. I choose to opt out of "that life". By no means does that mean they can't look good.
  1.  Make sure your sweats fit your entire behind. This is essential to looking put-together.
  2. Your top should be a t-shirt, crop top, sweater, off the shoulder. No holes accepted.
  3. Hair is essential. During these low maintenance times who wants to fuss about hair? This is not an invitation to throw on your grandmother's church wig. Low or high messy buns are cute and girly, silk scarves will definitely  do the trick when paired with a pair of cute glasses or shades. I like to call this look the "celeb chill look". Trust, I've achieved this look multiple times. .
The working woman. You're up bright and early Monday  through Friday. By 7:30 your make up, hair, and ensemble are put together and you're out the door. But today you're just not feeling it. When I say I know this feeling, trust me. I earn my coins by educating others and when spring time hits this is my everyday. Who wants to be in a drab classroom when sun is out? I digress, here are a few go to tips:

  1.   Always have a pair of brown black our grey slacks on standby. Skirts could do the trick as well but for me, on my down days. I ain't wearing no skirt! ( Bad grammar and all)
  2. Pair them with a low maintenance sweater or top that does not need ironing.
  3. Slide into a comfy pair of loafers and hit the bathroom to prepare your 5 min face job. 
  4. Concealer, shadow, blush, and lip.  And guess what your almost  done. Comb the hair out. Buns are best for days like this. Natural ladies ; spritz the hair with some water and throw a black elastic band around it. You're now ready to walk out the door. This whole process can be achieved in under 30 minutes.
I could go on with this post but for some strange reason I think you catch my drift. Even if you're dog tired and only running up to the corner store, looking your best is still an option. I'll leave you with this tidbit of advice. Just because it's tight doesn't make it right. 

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: