2013 In Review

2013 has given us so many trends. Not much we wear these days are originals but we've found ways to put a new millennium flare on them. Let's review some of 2013's fashion highlights. A few of these trends I'm sure will roll over very into the new year.


I for one could definitely have gone without the mesh dresses.
 Every club from Atlanta to California was stocked with a plethora of see through dresses. The dress pictured above is actually a bit more tasteful than I've seen. I have spoken with the fashion gods and they agree this fad should be left behind.

 Every fluffy diva made sure she wasn't left behind she. The emergence of animal print hit retail stores. Zebra, cheetah, and of course snake were all the rage this year. I'm positive this little trend will continue to follow us in 2014. So ladies feel free to continue unleashing your inner fashion beast.


Crop tops, crop tops everywhere! This past summer definitely should have been entitled crop top season. Summer 2013 gave us sheer crops, tank top, sweater crops, and even plaid made a major come back. Not sure if this will make it in 2014 but I'm going to hold on to mine just in case.


 Fluffy chicks everywhere were definitely winning this past summer. When spring bathing suit lines hit the runway every girl over 180lbs jaw hit the floor. Who wasn't stunned when they saw those busty, hippy beauties rocking a bikini. Monif C definitely had every plus size woman reaching deep in her wallet to purchase a bit of summer sexiness. This trend will absolutely be a staple among kurvy women for a while.

 Very briefly comic book inspired leggings and dresses spent some time on 2013 trend list. This fad was definitely more popular among teens and twenty something hipsters. I've always had a problem with people capable of "reading" my body. This also explains why I never purchased pants with words across the butt. Let's just say I won't hold my breath for this to meet us in 2014.


Jesus was on the main line in 2013. Crosses were everywhere; shirts, dresses, earnings, double rings, and shoes. I love God just as much as the next person but this trend just next caught with me. But the jewelry was sick. Loved every bit of it.


It was 1990 in Dallas, Texas ( birth place) and mama had just finished sew this beautiful floral dress. It hugged her curves in the right places. I thought she looked like a goddess. That dress was none other than the peplum. And 23 years later it's back with a vengance. Women from all over fell in love with the peplum as I did many years ago. The style hasn't changed but the colors, prints and patter s have. Some classics don't need much. Yes, the peplum will continue to be a wardrobe staple.
Last and surely not the least is the bodycon (contouring) dress. Any one with a pear or hourglass figure can stop traffic in this dress. These dresses are so hot the some gospel singers have come under fire for wearing them. And yes, I was ecstatic when I learned these sexy contouring ensembles could be purchased in kurvy sizes. 2014 will definitely be blessed with co touring sexiness.




These images are not the property of Kurvy Etiquette by Brei. 

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: